Nails!

ANy tips to stop nail biting? ive tried the nasty stuff that you put on them that didnt work. ANy tips to grow nails faster

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 10:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• cradlerobber, she said she already tried that and it didnt work

I agree you can try the acrylics long enough to help stop the habit, though they make your own nails weaker and thinner until you grow them out. So, if you'd rather not to do perhaps just cut your own nails so short you can't bite them, and keep them that short for a month or so (takes about a month for something to become a habit....so if you go a month without biting you should be able to stay with not biting after that)!!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go to you local beauty college & get weekly manicures! At my local beauty college they are only $6 and sometimes they paint little kids nails for free! Anywho, after you have sat there & gone through the process & you see how beautiful they look you will stop biting them! TRUST me it works :) Then, after awhile it just becomes a habit not to bite them!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They sell a thing called nail biter...you paint it on n it tastes horrible which keeps you from putting them in your mouth but beware of licking your fingers too lol
    cradlerobber

Answer by cradlerobber at 10:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Get a weekly/bi-weekly manicure. Whenever I have nice polish on my nails (which isn't often LOL) I don't feel the need to bite them
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I know it sounds crazy but chew on a straw or wear gloves. I've her of both of them working.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Get acrylic nails

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My hands go close to my mouth but I make sure it never goes near my teeth. My husband keeps asking why I am doing that but I never told him, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If I have gum in my mouth I don't bite as often.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:26 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Find something to do other than bite nails like chewing gum or something.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• as with any habit... you have to retrain yourslef... wear mittens when you can, be consious of it...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010