Did you get sick after the Flu Shot or feel different once you got it?

It was the first time I have ever had one and I felt it almost the instant they gave it to me. My back muscles became sore and we all felt a little feverish. Did you feel it?

Momforhealth

Asked by Momforhealth at 10:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I've been taking the flu shot for years and I've had no problem with it, however, it may trick your body into thinking it has the flu so you wont get it. I got really sick one year and ever since I've swore by them, never been that sick again. Plus I work in a hospital setting you have to get them there.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nope, I've never felt anything after a flu shot other than my arm being a little sore for a day or so. I've been getting them for as long as I can remember.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I got lightheaded for a little bit....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, but every year I have gotten the flu shot I have gotten the flu and every year that I didn't get the flu shot I did not get the flu. Same goes for my kids as well.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• About an hour later I feel tired and have a headache, but that goes away after about 6 hours.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I didn't get sick but the injection area itched~~but the strange thing is it only itched in the evening (for over a week)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not a bit for my husband or myself. My little one complained that it hurt for a day.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Slight headache and my arm really ached for the first few hours but other than that everything was ok
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 10:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The injection area gets sore for a day or so for me, but that's it. There is no live virus in the shot, so while it can't give you the flu, your body can still react to it (esecially if not used to it) and give you flu like symptoms for a day or so......just like how babies can have a mild fever and be sleepy when they get vaccinations.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If I get that shot, I'm guaranteeing myself getting sick. It's just the way it works for me *sigh*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010