Is it ok to take baby outside during first two Months/Baby's immunity for this?

Reenie81

Asked by Reenie81 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. Nothing bad happened.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I took my little ones out for fresh air right off the bat. I avoided having them at schools or crowded places, like restaurants for a bit, but outside in my opinion is great for them.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• yes I did with all my babies.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Same here nothing happened to my son. I mean you have to think the minute you walk out of the hospital door the baby is already exposed.
    trublonde130

Answer by trublonde130 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Your child is probably exposed to more crap inside the hospital than when you take it outside to go home.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Absolutely, on the way home from the hospital we took her into Target briefly for diapers and then walks and such. She wasborn a week before Christmas as we went to my parents and such as well. I've never heard of a need to be a hermit for 2 months.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My daughter was born in November and I went out but not often due to the cold weather and the fear of her getting sick. My son was born in March and even though it was still cold out we went everywhere.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son was born in January and when he was about 2 weeks old I had him in Walmart cuz I needed to get diapers and food for the house. I just had him bundled up when outside, and he was in his carseat with blankets and a cover on top while in the store.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• All 5 of our kids left the hospital and went straight to Wal-mart or Target to shop or out to eat.  In their first few weeks of life they went lots of places.  My youngest moved across the country starting at 3 weeks (with a weekend stop to visit family).

My kids are all extremely healthy.  They rarely get sick and it's usually just a slight cold (mild cough, runny nose).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have always taken my babies out unless they have a compromised imune system it is good for them. My friends whose kids were kept in tend to be more sick as they get older.
    ckmomof2

Answer by ckmomof2 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010