How long does it take for breast milk to leave?

h26rut

Asked by h26rut at 10:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i noticed I could no longer squeeze it on the odd occasion and see any milk around after 3 months of not stimulating the breast at all. it lessens over time.. as long as you dont express or touch them they should clear up quickly.. I would think.. but at least 1 month before you notice real changes
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• did you breast feed?
    h26rut

Comment by h26rut (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• With my first I quit cold turkey at 3 weeks. It was months before it finally stopped. My other 2, I weaned slowly at around 9 months, When they were done, I was pretty much dried up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• if you are not breast feeding and want your breast to dry up quick try find a really tight bra and wear it 24/7unless your in the shower. thats how i got mine to mine to dry up with #1 my bra was not that tight so it took about 1 1/2 month with #2 i worn a sports bra that was about 2sizes to small and they dried up in about 3weeks.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 11:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• a couple weeks if you do not breastfeed, and putting ice on them helps.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010