How clean is your house? Do you clean when people come over?

Yesterday I went to my sil's to drop off my niece. I hadn't been there in years, it's out of town. And what I walked into was disgusting! The house reeked of S**T, crap all over, kitchen sink full to the max, no soap in bathroom to wash my hands, carpets filthy, full astrays in each room. Just total filth!
My house is cleaned daily. Besides the toy messes my kids make, my house is clean. And I would never have people over my house if it wasn't clean.
How clean is your house?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i clean every day and when company is coming i do above and beyond cleaning....esp if over night guests. my house is very clean except for my bedroom- i never find the time as it is my catch all. i hate to admit that but i think the rest is very clean. i vacuum, clean bathrooms,kids make beds, sweep,wash surfaces and do laundry daily. the floors i wash twice a week. dust 2-3 times a week. i never leave dishes in my sink. this is my one OCD area as i grew up with a mom who didnt like to clean. she tidies but doesnt clean.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I consider my house fairly clean. We do things daily such as dishes, sweeping, picking up toys, just general stuff. We try and do things like bathroom cleaning once a week. My house is filthy compared to my in-law's house though. I think they think we're slobs because their house is just immaculate.

And I definitely clean before company, it's so stressful in our house before company arrives, we want everything looking nice and clean.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• The main rooms get mopped and vacuumed two times a week. Kitchen, Family room, bathrooms, kids room. The rest is not so good.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the main living areas are clean and i vacuum every day since my dd is crawling now! our bed room is a different story but no one goes in there! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I cinsider my house clean most of the time. I do go crazy when we have company. Ther has been times my house was dirty. People would show up unannounced. It sort of made me mad. I can't stand for company to see my house dirty.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Right now the house is messy! If I found out someone was coming over I would get off CM and go clean every room and such lol
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 12:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My house is normally cleaner than it is now, but I tore my rotator cuff, and can't do as much as I'd like...
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As clean as it can be with 1 Bulldog, 2 boys and a husband. I feel like I'm cleaning constantly
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Clean. I have 5 kids a DH and an 9 month old Golden Retriever, who is getting his winter coat. There is a huge differnece in clutter and filth.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i clean every day but there are time that i cant clean so i let it go intill i feel better
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010