Are girls REALLY harder to raise than boys?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not sure since I only have 2 girls right now lol. I always heard though that girls are easier than boys although I don't see how because girls get into the talking back stage and all that and the additudes and stuff lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I only have a girl. shes 9 months.. but my sister has a boy and hes full on, mind you he does have a slight case of autism.. I guess its the child really and the way you raise them.. i have always heard the child will be 10 times worse then you were to your parents and i have heard girls are easy at the early ages and hard in the teens, boys are hard at the early years but better when teens.. but then again i see both teen boys and girls and they are a mixed bag. generally, it all goes down to environment and their personality really. IMO
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I've found that my boy is a little more needy and all over the place than my focused daughter.
    MamaSanders

Answer by MamaSanders at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have raised 2 boys, and am now raising a second generation of one each. I don't think one is harder than the other. You just deal with different issues. The one thing I have reallly noticed though is it is WAY more xpensive to raise a girl than a boy. With My grandson I can by 6-8 pairs of shorts or jeans, 20 shirts and he's set. Dor girls it is SOOO much more clothes. A dress is ONE outfit, then she doesn't want to wear it again for 2 weeks or so because "I just wore that"..ugh...she is def. bending my learning curve.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have an almost 3 year old boy and so far he is very HARD... every phase - stage - milestone - has been VERY apparent - no independent play skills until recently - no attention span, he's strong willed also so he tests over and over and over.......etc. However I think its less Girl vs boy and more personality traits/temperments and genes.. my husband is a huge smart ass and we already see that we've birthed a mini version of that lol!! ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My mom says that me and my sister were far worse than my brother. She said we are more picky and harder to please. I personally think that both have their ups and downs. My son (5yrs) is autistic and also has ADHD so certain things are harder with him. My daughter (2yrs) already has an attitude and an opinion about everything which makes her more difficult at times also. So either way I think it all depends on the child not the gender. My 2 are pretty equal when it comes to who is more difficult lol. Guess I'll know better when they get a little older.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i have one of each and my daughter is more difficult simply because she developmentally behind and has far too much of her mother in her, she is a stubborn little monkey
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 11:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My mom and grandma favor my brother over myself and my 2 sisters. I'd assume so. As far as the expense? I think boys are MUCH more economic, lol. In our world of rodeo, roping horses or bronc riding equipement is soooo much less expensive than barrel horses or their equipment! Not to mention cheaper clothes, boots, haircuts, etc.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have two boys and and one girl. The girl is more for sure. I told my mom that I know I wasn't that bad growing up. She says different though, of course. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my ds is more of a handfull than my dd ever was so idk lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010