Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40 yr old with constant earache!! OUCH!!!

Just so you know, I've been to the doctor's for this and he's given me ear drops and a antibiotic several times. I use what is given to me like I am supposed to but it keeps coming back. He suggested that I flush it once in a while, I do and green stuff comes out. I know I am not supposed to use qtips but I do, and I pull out black stuff with green stuff. I also try to hold my nose and blow (air gets forced into the drum from inside..which helps ease it a bit..don't worry I don't blow hard.) I can hear it cracking and stings right now....when I put the drops in it BURNED so bad. I think the eardrum is broke and NO it's not from the qtip..because I am very careful with that....but I was wondering WHY I keep getting an earache?


Asked by stayhomemom22 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I had chronic ear aches as a kid and it came out that I was allergic to smoke. My father smoked heavily around us and the doctor said that was what was causing my ear aches. I would diffenitely go to a good ENT doctor because green stuff coming out is a sign of a serious infection. In the mean time try using a heating pad or hair dryer on low heat to ease some of the pain until the medication kicks in.

    Answer by meagainstthem at 2:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

  • It sounds like you have a chronic infection in there. Go to an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist. I had a chronic infection in my ear when I was in college, and it actually started to threaten my hearing, permanently. Luckily, I saw a good ENT who finally cleared it up.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

  • definitely agree with going to an ENT doc.

    have you tried the Samisilan (sp?) homeopathic drops you can get at like walmart? They worked wonders on my earaches.

    Answer by flutterfae at 9:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

  • definitely try an ENT... that's what I had to do for sinuses/ears the whole thing, was chronic. hope you feel better soon.

    Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

  • No flutterfae but I could try...I use Neomycin from the doctor's. Now why doesn't he send me to the ENT doctor? I'll ask him...Oooo it just hurts so bad. Thank you for all the advise!!

    Answer by stayhomemom22 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

  • Yes for sure going to go see a ENT.......Um..I hate to say this but that's probably what's wrong with me..I smoke in my home and I know that's bad..gonna quit doing that. Thanks!!

    Answer by stayhomemom22 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

Next question in Health
black mold?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Never had this happen before have you?

Recently Bumped in Life & Home
If you are interested!