Should I let him know everytime?

Hi Ladies

I have been with my hubby for almost 7 years and married 5. We just went through a bad time in our relationship, I wanted to go to marriage counseling and he agreed. Everything seems to go in the right track, now my question for you ladies is, Do I need to let him know every time when he does something nice to me.
For example, before we when to counseling he didn't really call me just to say that he loves me, now he is being doing in it. He works a lot and he is gone all day, he calls me and says, I just want to tell you that I love you!. He makes me feel good but I am not sure if I have to say thank you or say something nice back to him every time.
Thanks for your time and your comments.

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would always say something nice back :) Men love to have their ego's stoked ;)
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 11:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no not really but tell him you love him back as many times as you can and can think of it.. i tend to neglect my hubby myself but when he has done the dishes on the very rare occasion i say thankyou.. you could just thank him by making his favourite dinner or snack, bake a cake or just get him a small gift once in a while or even just a nice card saying your thinking of him. it shouldnt be a chore that you thank him..you should show him you appreciate his efforts in other areas, you choose :) he sounds like hes done a backflip. well done to you both.. glad he agreed to the counselling, most men cant be bothered with it :) goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• DH does similar things, I had a glass of ice water I put in the fridge the night before last, and I know he got up and drank it in the middle of the night. (No big deal, I know where there's plenty more!) I woke up yesterday to find another full glass of ice water in the fridge. And yes, I text him to let him know I noticed and was greatful. Maybe just do something for him to show you were thinking of him, and tell him you appreciate the effort he's putting into this!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Folow ur feeling about him , and say what u want , dont feel that u'r obliged to hide feelings if u have some
    just be ur self no matters wht he'll think abt u
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would return the favor! :) Call him, text him, e-mail him, tell him in person, leave him little notes in his work clothes pockets to find later or in his lunch, etc. And make sure you make a point to say in conversation or in passing how special it makes you feel for him to go out of his way to call you and tell you that. :) He sounds as if he is truly trying and is a genuinely sweet man. You are so lucky! I'm happy for you! :)
    You don't have to say thank you every single time, but remember that you like to be acknowledged for the things you do and don't forget to treat him as you would like to be treated. :)
    Congrats on everything working out for you! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You don't HAVE to do anything in particular. But if you're trying to make your marriage better and stronger, then you should be letting him know how much you appreciate his efforts. When he calls and says he loves you, say "Thanks and I love you, too." How difficult is that? All the work shouldn't just be on his side.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thank you ladies for all your comments. Liked all of them!!!
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would just suggest (and you probably do this already) that you just say back to him in a deeply loving way "I love you too" and mention how good it makes you feel when he lets you know. Plus do little things for him that show how much you love and appreciate him too.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If you want him to continue to improve, you'll acknowledge his efforts.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010