Growing up....

We just put our DS,11, on a flight to Florida where a family friend is picking him up and taking him to watch the Space Shuttle launch. Although I'm happy he's getting to go and proud that I have raised a confident and self reliant child, I'm also sad that he's growing up so fast. Is anyone else sad to watch their child grow so fast?

dmbutler

Asked by dmbutler at 11:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely, the first real experience I had with seeing my oldest really growing up is when I sent him to Europe with a Organization for 14 days. He traveled to Belgium, the Netherlands, England and France...it was such an amazing experience. Seeing how mature, responsible and goal oriented (he had to apply, get letters of recommendation and take a number of classes to be able to go) he was, made me feel proud to be his mother and to see what a great job I have done.
    While I can tell I've prepared him for the future well, it is so sad to realize I have such a short amount of time with before he's moved on to college and continued with the rest of his life. I can only hope that our relationship remains strong. It makes me cry any time I think about it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• cryingMy only child starts Kindergarten next year.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• ^^^^^^^^hahahahaha that is me when the kids started school. And when they moved out.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My oldest is 24 and just bought a house boo hooo hooo
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• mine goes into K next fall and it is making me heartbroken! i wish i could just rewind to the day he was born and get to do it all again. just cherish every day i guess....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010