when can you tell kids you are pregnant?

my kids are5 years and nearly 3 years. We aren't pregnant yet, but trying, but I can't decide of a good time to tell them when I do get pregnant. Well I want them to know before I tell everyone else because I don't want them hearing from someone else other than me and DH. My OB waits to see you until you are so far along, but I am going to wait to tell the kids until I get a prof from the doctor even if the home tests says I am pregnant. What is the right time to tell them? All pregnancies (which is 2) has been healthy. Oh and also with my second baby I showed earlier than my first I showed with baby 2 at 14 weeks so baby 3 I don't know how early I would start showing and my kids are pretty smart lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When ever you want. Everyone feels differently about it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Wait as long as possible. They won't notice if you are showing. We told my son at 12 weeks and then I miscarried. It was really terrible having to tell him. After that I waited until 4 or 5 months. I waited to tell everyone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• wow. well with my first there was no way I would been able to not tell everyone until 4 or 5 months I was really showing by that time lol so I know I wouldn't be able to hide it until 4-5 months with this one. Shoot I couldn't even hide it at 14 weeks with my second lol. I am pretty tiny so so it is noticable lol. My almost 3 year old probably wouldn't notice anything really, but my 5 year old comes in the bathroom quiet often when I am getting dressed or showering so she would probably be the one to know she is pretty smart she would probably ask me why I am getting a big belly lol. Or she would know why since I watch those baby stories.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Whenever you want to. It's up to everyone individually, there is no right or wrong time. We always made sure to tell family & friends shortly after we told the kids so they didn't blab it for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it would be fun for her to ask you at her age. Let her catch you in the bathroom, and when she says, "Mommy, why is your tummy getting so big?" You could say, "Hmm... I think there's a baby in there! I'm going to call the doctor to see! Thanks!" (Make it her discovery) and take her to your appointment so she can hear the heartbeat. (My sister was 7 when I was pregnant with #1 DS, she thought hearing the heart was awesome!)

She will have a story for her friends, "Hey! I found out my mommy's having a baby, and I got to hear its heart too!"
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010