Hospital Checklist

I'm going to the hospital tomorrow and wondering what all I should take with me.

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS... lol books, laptop (if they let you...) I had mine and it was a life saver...

Do take clothing; as that hospital gown will get old quick.... I had a c section and still brought my own clothes... Bring a a back scratcher for itches, as sometimes medications can cause you to itch.

Deodorant, shampoo, and a mild soap (so it doesn't irritate any stitches or sore areas...) and your toothbrush :) DON'T forget the camera!!!!! GL!!! and congrats!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Ok...I never feel like I have much to offer when I see these posts...but for some reason, I just had a flashback... I had a c-section and was not especially ready to shower real soon, heck, I couldn't even get out of the bed for 24 hours....I happened to have Burt's Bee's Skin Toner in my bag....but I'm sure any would do....After, I used it on my face and neck...my sister got the incredibly bright idea to wash my back for me and use toner on it also....it felt SO GOOD! Better than any hospital shower, it was almost like a spa treatment, VERY REFRESHING....GOOD LUCK TO YOU and YOUR NEW ADDITION!!!
    gabby423

Answer by gabby423 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Bring your own pillow from home! I was so greatful for mine. It made all the difference and hospital pillow stink. your SO or coach may want one too. I was also glad to have hair tie and chapstick.

Good Luck and Congrats!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I brought so much stuff and didn't use it! I did use my own pillow, and make sure you bring the camera!!!! I regret so much that I left the camera in the car, I left everything in the car because I wanted to make sure they were going to admit me before I bothered to take everything in, little did I know I was 9 cm dilated and would have my baby in my arms 25 minutes later!
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 11:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i was not planned for a hosp birth... so i was not prepared at all!! i would have loved maybe my own shampoo/conditioner...clothes! hair brush/tooth brush..snacks! hahaah they give horrible food!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You might like to pack a bed jacket, as for me my shoulders and back (if I sat up) were always cold there. Congrats on the soon to be wee one...
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• LOL I had my hubby sneak me in Mcdonalds cheese burgers both nights and a steak bagel the next day... I refused to eat the hospital crap they fed me! I will luck out with this one though; they have a MickeyDs right in the hospital LOL!!! P.S. you have no idea how fast you can eat something until you are hiding it... took me less than 2 minutes to down a cheeseburger!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008