Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult children

My friend has a daughter that is 18, and when she was younger her dad got shot by the cops. She never really received counseling for this, her mom put her in an apartment by herself and she thinks her mom doesn't want her. She really is incapable of living on her own she has an iq of 40. She calls my 11 year old daughter all the time and crys that she misses her dad, she wants to relive his life. How can I help her I feel so bad for her, I try to go get her and bring her to my house as much as possible? But I feel like I need to do more I'm afraid of what she may do to herself.


Asked by Momabear455 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 22 (12,794 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • she needs to talk to some one real soon,her mom dump her the moment her father pass way,what kind of mother would do that ,she also need to go on welfare her worker will help her out ,just keep having her in your home she needs a family ,since her mom gave up on her ,and good luck

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

  • She needs community services. Can you refer her?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • She needs county adult services.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • this poor girl needs someones help! If your up for it, contact social services and find out what they can do to help.She def. needs counseling.Do you know her mother well enough to call her and tell her your worried? Sad situation, it's nice that you care!

    Answer by anichols1 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

  • Social Services has been involved and haven't done anything to help her, I'm at a loss I will just be here for her.

    Comment by Momabear455 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010