Pets

My pug runs in front of my car every time we pull in, we have to practically stop until he moves. Is there a way to get him to stop it is so aggrevating. He has to stay outside when were not home because he has accidents and we do have an invisible fence.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pets

• Move your invisible fence to keep him out of the driveway. My dogs do this also =( Haven't figured out how to make them stop yet, but they just walk you up the driveway, they don't stop in front of you.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Open the car door and let him ride with you up the driveway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• U have an invisible fence that goes into the driveway?? move it. R those really safe? What is stopping someone from stealing your dog?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Crate train him
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Start crate training him or tying him up. Invisible fences aren't bomb proof at all. Also, why not put the invisible fence where it blocks off your driveway?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• a den is awesome.. I put my dog in there.. we have tiles and its not really practical and she moves the fence around a bit but she cant drag it all over the house.. its just a fence with no top or bottom and sits on the tiles in the house and has a lock. my hubby even cut and mended a drop fence so she can go in and out whenever she likes.. she loves it.. its her home and she feel safe.. we also toilet trained her in it.. she only goes toilet outside.. you dont want one day for the dog to be under the tyres.. a crate or mini fenced enclosure will do wonders.. bathrooms not so good.. my dog scratched down the whole door and damages it.. they get frustrated in a small room.. would you like to be locked in a bathroom all day??
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree you should buy a crate and put it IN the house. I would hate for him to get run over!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• maybe lock him in the bathroom or laundry room when you go somewhere, or get a crate to put him in or look into buying an outside pen/ kennel
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hope you know that invisible fence doesnt protect your dog from another dog comming in and hurting ot killing him. I had a st bernard who was seriously mauled by another dog bc it could run out of the circle and rest and attack her again. Just a thought, but an invisible fence is best used as containment when you are home to protect your dog.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't worry about someone stealing my dog because I also have a Labrador and he wouldn't let anyone touch my pug. My mother-in-law lives practically in our front yard so she sees everyone that goes in and out. We have a long gravel driveway that starts at our house and goes to the end of driveway. Of course the fence doesnt extend that far.
    Momabear455

Comment by Momabear455 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2010