High tempature Turkey!

I have been cooking my Thanksgiving day turkey this way for a few years. AT 500 degrees for about an hour-hour and a half. I just love it. IT has to be un-stuffed which is okay with me. LOL.
I brine the turkey and soak it for 24-48 hours and then cook it. It is so moist and wonderful. What is your Thanksgiving day special recipe for good meat?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that sounds amazing!! I usually don't have to cook the turkey, but I am saving that idea for when I need it!
    MaggieNSamsMom

Answer by MaggieNSamsMom at 12:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We fry our turkey :) Injected with different homemade marinades. First we brine it for 24 hours in a special brine in the refrigerator. Then DH makes a injection. My favorite is the honey butter one. It's butter melted, mixed with a half a flat beer, and some honey. Then we add in some cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Then we inject it into the turkey. Fry it in the deep fryer til it reaches 180 in the thigh and it comes out SO flavorful and juicy. And not at all greasy like you would think when you think "fried". Everyone loves it. Another marinade he does is a spicy cajun, with a flat beer, some chicken broth, and some cajun seasoning.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I roast my turkey at a temperature of 325, stuffed and basted with chicken broth,in a covered roasting pan , for 4 or 5 hours,depending on the weight of the turkey.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010