What do I do

I am a step mom and my husband and I have been trying to have kids for about 4 years and we have not been successfull. I have gone to the doctor and they can not seem to find anything in my ultrasound and they told me that my ovaries looked fine. He has gone to the doctor and they said that he is fine. I am just afraid that I will never be able to have kids. Does any one know what I should do. I am so scared. I seen every other female in my family having babies just not me what do I do?

leigh526

Asked by leigh526 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• Wow.. I read this and I thought it say "My step mom and my husband" and I had to read it three times before I caught on.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Do you have any kids of your own?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Maybe you just worry about it too much. I had a dear friend that tried for years. They finally decided to adopt. After they stopped trying and the worrying stopped, five months later she was pregnant. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Maybe you should try using an ovulation calendar and take some hormone therapy (if the doctor reccomends it as a possibility). I would think that maybe you are just too stressed over the whole situation and it is making it harder to get pregnant. Good luck! I'm sure it will happen soon!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would stop trying. That's usually when it happens. I'm sorry you are going through this. If they can't find anything wrong are you a candidate for IVF or anything like that? Have you tried herbal supplements like Primerose oil and that stuff?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go to a fertility specialist!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I started "trying" at 28. I didn't have my first child until I was 36 (almost 37) and my second at 38. Sometimes, there's just no explanation....stress, diet, incredibly bad timing. I went to fertility specialists and they could find NOTHING wrong with me or my (then) husband. At 35, I just "stopped" trying....heh....that's when it happend.

I wish I had an answer for you, I know how frustrating this can be....oh boy, do I know.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree on seeing a fertility specialist, learning to track ovulation and really knowing how your body is working. GOod luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i would see a specialist and stop trying... my friend tried for 6 years with all sorts of medical "help" to no avail... she decided she wanted to quit trying and got preggers 2 months later... there was no rhyme or reason for it... they told her it would NEVER happen... and it did.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010