Hi, I just gave birth to my 1st child last week, I am feeding him similac and he's been doing good. However, I will be receiving assistance which pays for ENFALMIL. Now My mother told me that ENFALMIL is too strong on babys belly and makes them throw up. Before I switch over I would like the moms who have used or use the ENFALMIL to let me know if what my mom says is true. I don't want to switch if he will be sick. Help!

BoriCUAMoMMi

Asked by BoriCUAMoMMi at 9:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you get wic they pay for different kinds
    Anonymous

• Every baby is different. My daughter did fine on Enfamil, but my nephew couldn't handle it. Every baby is different.
    Anonymous

• to me, similac and enfamil were basically the same. I did find that enfamil did not mix as easily in water if you are using the powder version. that was my only issue with enfamil vs. similac.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• if you are on wic, they cover different kinds of formula, also your doctor can even write a prescription for a specific formula.
    Anonymous

• Wait to see if it hurts his stomach or not every baby is different. If he starts throwing it up then call the doctor.
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 11:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• All my kids did fine on different kinds of formula. I have WIC and they give me coupons for enfimil my boys do fine, I mix it with breastmilk, cause they really do not like formula.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i get wic and in missouri they only give out enfamil but if that dont work then you have to try another enfamil type and if that dont work then you can get a doctors note to get another brand and it will go through a review board and they will either approve it or not.
    my son had to switch over to formula when he was 3 months old because he wasnt making effort to eat anymore ever since then its been horrible trying to find a formula that works, now we are on soy and we are testin it out. good luck
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Every baby is different. Enfamil is definitely one of the best and they are the only company that makes nutramigen which has partially digested proteins so it is very gentle on babies tummy and for some the ONLY formula they can tolerate. Your mom may know some people who had issues with it but that doesnt mean your baby will and if it is too hard you can always get the nutramigen because it is Enfamil but will probably need a script from the doc since it runs at least $25 a can
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my daughter does good on enfalmil
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 12:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• my son does fine on enfamil and because he wasn't getting enough breastmilk he had the liquid as supplement in the hospital when he was born..he did fine and we use the powder now as supplement
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008