bladder

my friend is a little too embarrased to ask this question so since we are both new on here I have decided to ask this question for her. What does it mean when it feels like you never stop peeing. She says that when she moves coughs or just walking in general she leaks pee. By the time she says she gets home her underwear is soaked. What could that be signs off. She is too embarrased to go to the doctor. I myself have volunteered to go with her but she won't go. What do I say or what can I do to help my best friend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• stree incontinance....i have this but it isn't that severe...my bladder has fallen b/c i had large babies so now my vag walls are soft, is she over weight? i was and since i lost weight it's not bad at all...try to get her to go to the obgyn or a urologist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• She is really gonna be embarrassed when she pees so much people can tell it. I have asked my Dr. worse questions than that.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• stress* i'm sorry
    Anonymous

• Is she pregnant? It's common if she is. She should wear pads, obviously.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I understand all too well, and yes, it is VERY embarrassing :( It is stress incontinence and there are things that can be done. It is for some of us a very unfortunate after effect of having children. It is also exacerbated by excess weight. There is a minor surgical procedure that can be done to correct it. She could also try kegel exercises, as I've heard that can help too. Good luck to her!
    lizschumaier

Answer by lizschumaier at 12:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Its a pain in the ***, stress, coughing, sneezing, laughing to hard can all make it leak more she need to find a pad(poise or other brand for this need) it will keep the pee of the undies and make it so it doesn't smell. There is surgery that they can do but most doctors won't do it until she is done having children or all the work they did will be undone.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 12:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hope you can talk her into seeing a dr. There are things that can be done to help.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• it's really more common tha you think... heck i'm 7.5 months preggers and pee just getting out of bed at times... she needs to see the DR there are lots of things that can be done to make her situation worse... heck, there are even TV commercials for it... it's that common.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010