Have you ever done the 12 days of Christmas?

I am thinking about doing instead of the big gifts at Christmas for some family and friends. My sis does this for an elderly couple near her and now they look forward to it every year. Wrapping little gifts, one for each of the 12 days for them to open daily. Has anyone ever did this and what are some ideas for gifts. Thanks!

Alamama

Asked by Alamama at 11:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm thinking of doing this for my hubby... but for his birthday. Its on Dec 9th
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 11:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sounds like a fun idea.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We keep the lights and decorations up for 12 days after Christmas lol. But we've never done gifts. Sounds like fun!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sounds fun I may do this too
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• sounds fun. especially with 8 days of hannukah...
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• This is a great idea... I would like to do it as a "12 days of donations" instead. Like each day, instead of getting gifts, find a way to give items away or do services to others. Thanks for sparking that idea!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• science mom...great idea! My dh is a Cubmaster for my son's cubscout pack. Something I can bring up for a service project for them!
    Alamama

Comment by Alamama (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Ok, don't laugh at me... I remember the song a little, but then I don't.... But I always LOVE to do quirky things with my girls and it sounds like fun - will someone explain the 12 days to me and what you do... thanks, em....
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Emily1230 you just buy little gifts to be opened each of the 12 days before Christmas. It can be anything you like. total of 12 gifts
    Alamama

Comment by Alamama (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• holding giftsAlamama thanx ....

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010