What do you think will happen to California?

There are some crazy people in Cali alright. Voting in Brown again. That guy even looks shifty. Will they implode? There is another great reason the Republicans picked up so many seats. I'm hoping there is no way they will bail that state out when they do.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They will get the representation they voted for. I just hope it's what they were expecting.

And I agree, no bailouts.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• YES! The state that got it right. Makes up for the Prop 19 loss. Whitman can go back to posing for Ben Franklin look-alike ads.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I was not pleased with the choices given. I wonder if Jerry even wants the job? He has been there and done that and at age 72....I think he took 1 for the Democratic party. I can see how MANY people would be uncomfortable voting for a billionaire who thinks all positions can be bought with a person check- close to 200, 000,000 Personal $$$$ spent. Could she relate to the working stiff? Could she effectively deal when she had to work for and with people? Big concerns.

Boxer v Fiorina- crap or crappier. 3rd party received my vote. I will say this, right or wrong, collectively, CA voters did not blink.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Funny how cool it is to bash Cali but Bob forbid someone talk trash about the South or a more rural state.

Frakking Hypocrites.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Personally, I want them to come back strong. I honestly don't care who is responsible for it, but I want them to succeed.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Probably. I didn't vote for either Brown or Whitman. They both seemed crazy. Not to mention 99% of ALL their political ads were wasted bashing the other, instead of promoting themselves. So I did my own research and chose someone else.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It will continue to be as dysfunctional as it has always been.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• California's economy is the largest of any state in the US, and is the eighth largest economy in the world.[1][2] As of 2008, the gross state product (GSP) is about $1.85 trillion, which is 13% of the United States gross domestic product (GDP).[3] The state's GDP growth rate slowed to 0.4% in 2008 after having grown 3.1% in 2006 and 1.8% in 2007.[3] As of 2010 California along with Texas leads all other states in the number of Fortune 500 headquarters at 57 companies each. (April 2010 Fortune Magazine)

This is from Wiki- CA will keep on with the business at hand- and the rest of the country will watch! Enjoy the entertainment. Is the rest of the country that boring?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He looks shifty? I will not tell my husband- they attended/graduated from the same college prep school- one of the top rated in CA.

***

Hmpft...I didn't realize that calling someone "shifty" means that every single person that ever attended the same school as the "shifty" one, means they are ALL shifty!!! I can't tell if this is a lame attempt to "name drop" or promote your husband!!

I've personally rubbed elbows with some VERY influencial people in my lifetime (and you would know them if I mentioned who they were), so does that automatically make me as "fabulous/horrible" as they are?! Uh....NO!!!  :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Hopefully it breaks off and floats away...with some time for cons to escape first..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010