Out of Control 2 1/2 Year old! *HELP*

My 2 1/2 year old is out of control! He is touching eveything and doing everything he KNOWS he shouldn't be doing. I know kids go through this around this age, but his attitude is accessive. When I get down to his level to explain "no" to him, he can not look me in the eye. Is this a sign o ADD or something? I'm losing my mind!

DAjZeZnLE

Asked by DAjZeZnLE at 12:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hun, they do not call this the terrible twos for nothing, keep trying!

Answer by older at 12:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It might seem that he should know exactly how to act, and he does. However, kids his age are ruled by their impulses, not hmm, I know I shouldn't do this but, what the heck. He is testing boundaries and pushing limits (his and yours.) Be consistent in how you respond and discipline. He will "learn the rules" but it will take time and this will not be the only time in which you want to pull out your hair.

Hang in there. We were all 2.5 once too, our mothers survived, and let us live (probably so they could laugh when our own kids did the same stuff.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• children at this age need very firm boundries , they are the critical age of learning what is OK and what isnt . he is into everything because he doesnt know what the boundries are on everything .
    1. getting into everything - remove their hand , hold their hand gently but firmly and tell them no , lets go get what you can have instead .
    2. anything dangerous and swat on the upper thigh ,( there is reason this is where kids get shots very little nerve and alot of fat ) and hold them and tell them I love you very much but if you do ___ again you are going to get hurt . and time out one minute for every year of age .
    3. at this age the goal for them is ATTENTION bad or good , so MAKE SURE when they are going some thing you love to see them do such as building with blocks , or playing quietly that you reward them with positive attention " your are being so good playing with those blocks hug kiss etc
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• thats what i'm going through with my 3 yr. old and its only when shes with me and i have no clue what to do either i have tryed putting her in her room for the rest of the day and that don't help either she don't care.
    mikesgurl

Answer by mikesgurl at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Thanks for all the input, everyone! I failed to mention that I have tried EVERYTHING to correct his behaviors. He doesn't respond to ANY of them. Gonna keep trucking along....
    DAjZeZnLE

Comment by DAjZeZnLE (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• MY 2 YR OLD LIKE DISD
    wnnababy

Answer by wnnababy at 1:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2010