• In the Spotlight:

c-sections, do you want one or are you having one?

Ok so I just asked a question askign if anyone else was in their 18th week and also if they were planning a c-section or not.
I only got one, very RUDE comment about people who plan c-sections and how they should step up and be a women.... she also said if it is for medical reasons then I am being ROBBED from the birth of my baby.
For everyone's info, my third IS medically ness. b/c I've already had two and the doctors won't let me choose otherwise. Also b/c my second was stillborn, so don't be rude and get on your high horse to me.
SO, my question to everyone else is: have any of you actually wanted and planned a c-section for non-medical reasons? On the other side, are you upset if you have to have one for medical reasons?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• #1 I am so sorry for your loss :( But congrats on baby number 3
    #2 I am so sorry someone was so rude. Seems like everyone has an opinion and i know it can be rather irritating
    #3 I had one because my little mans heart rate dropped while in labor. Honestly I didnt feel robbed of the birth. I was so grateful to have a beautiful healthy baby and relieved to recieve some relief from contractions (I had been dilated to 8cm with nothing on board for pain and thought I was going to die they kept making me wait until it was too late and I needed a c section) I was also a little relieved since I was terrified of pushing. Recovering from a c-section probably is a little harder than vaginal simply because it IS major surgery and there are more risks involved but they give ya great pain meds and you definitely get the upper hand in the sitting department ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i have to have a c-setion due to a tilt utres so i cant dilate but to 2 cm. which sucks this is my 3rd so i know what to expect. we are having him nov 18
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 10:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I don't know why anyone would choose to have major abdominal surgery. I can see if it's medically necessary, but otherwise I can't imagine choosing that. By the way, best of luck to you and congrats on the pregnancy. :)
    Anonymous

• i HAVE to have a c-sec and i will be having it some time in the next 2m. I am having problems that make my dr.s think i wont make it full term.
    I am SORRY that i went through 63 hrs of labor and only dialated to a 3 and he didnt move down ididnt have any pain meds until they preped me for surgery.
    Just because you have ac-sec dont mean you are less of a woman weather you choose it or NOT.
    Anonymous

• Alot of women dont CHOOSE to have them. I have had 2 and am going to have another soon. I CANT have my children Vaginally and i already hate my body for it without women like that lady on the other post and A LOT of women on here that say it is wrong. FUCK YOU.
    Why dont yougrow some balls and stop putting down women that hav it done by their choice or not. And if you feel the need to show your face when you do it.

edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2008