my grandmother is wanting to take my 10 month old daughter next weekend until dec 19 because i am pregnant and i am sick and i still need to get everythig ready for the baby so she wants to take him for that month to help me....is that a good idea or what

ps..she lives in louisianan and i live in north carolina

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• that's a LONG time. Personally, I wouldn't do it for that long. It would be very hard on your daughter to be away from you for that long. But that's up to you. If you know she can provide good care, and your daughter would be okay with being away from you, then hey.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• can she stay with you I think that would be hard on your baby I was sick and had a baby and had another one 9 months and 3 days later ( he was a premie) I made my bed and did what I had to do sick or not
    Anonymous

• I had a similar situation when I was pregnant with my 3 rd daughter and had a 1 yr old and a 1st grader. I was sick and needed rest so my mother in law took my 2nd daughter for the last month. It was nice to have the rest and my oldest was in school all day so it was still easy. Your priority now is the health of your unborn baby. You baby will be fine, she won't be scarred or anything like that, I promise! lo..
    BTW my mother in law was long distance while she had my daughter and brought her back to me the day I came home from the hospital and it went smoothly. Good Luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The help is nice, but its too long. I couldn't do it.... Maybe she could come visit for a week and help out!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• That is way TOOO long. My son is almost 3 and I only let my mil take my son for a few hours at a time. Way toooooooo long.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Your the mama and I think a long weekend would be ok but definately not a month. She's only 10 months old and she needs her mama. A long weekend would allow you to recoup and get some things organized. You will have another baby entering your lives very soon and that baby will take most of your attention. Your time that you have available now should be spent with your daughter. You'll need to learn how to get things done with two children around soon enough. Hugs Hope ya feel better.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• A weekend heck even a week would be ok but a full month??? That would be really tough on your child. I'm sorry that you're pregnant and not feeling well but think of it this way if you have to pawn your ONE child off to get things done for your SECOND child then maybe you're not quite ready to have two children. Once the baby is born you're going to have to figure out how to get everything done with two children. So no I say now is the time to accept that life is rough and you gave up comfort when you chose to become a mother. Maybe she should come stay with you as a mother I would NEVER think about sending my child away ecspecially out of state for a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Heck no!! That is way too long for your child to be away from you. She won't understand why you aren't with her. If you need help, ask her to stay with you or ask her to take care of some of the things you still need to do. My son is 14 months and he will not be staying overnight with anyone, including grandparents, for a LONG time!! And that's only 1 night!!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 5:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I agree that it is way too long. My daughter is 3 and in her life she spent ONE NIGHT away from me when I was so sick I was passing out and physically couldn't take care of a child that day. If you need someone to help you, maybe its time to look into someone coming to your house, family or sitter, so the pressure is off you and you're free to rest, but your baby isn't going without you for a month.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• if your grandmother wants to help, why can't she come & stay with you for the duration of your pregnancy. most children don't do well with change
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 9:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2008