Salvagable Sugar Cookie dough?

I am trying to find the "perfect" Sugar Cookie recipe. In the process I made one the other day but the dough is a bit gooey. It's definitely not able to be rolled out. It said to refrigerate for 3 hours which took me right up to a time that I had to do something else and couldn't get back to it. It doesn't matter because it's still gooey! Point is, it tastes really good and I don't want to throw it out but what should I do with it? Should I just "drop by spoonful" on cookie sheet and bake them like normal cookies? Any ideas?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's a little tricky adding flour because it could be too much. Just drop cookies will be perfect with gooey dough! Sprinkly a little colored sugar on top of a few of them and some cinnamon sugar on top of the others. Yummy!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yep, you could drop them by spoonfuls, or maybe shape into a log and cut them into circles.

I would take some of it and add more flour. Once you add enough and it is workable, try to roll it out for cutting. You might want to add sugar with the flour, if you find yourself adding alot of flour.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would just drop them on a cookie sheet. But make sure to space them far apart.

Now I want COOKIES!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Either just drop them or add more flour, just a little, otherwise they will be tough
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You could always add a little flour until it is less runny.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010