Playmobil or lego?

I got ds a playmobil set(the pirate ship)for christmas- and was wondering if that would get more use or if I were to also get a lego set? He has lots of starwars legos' and a smallish bucket of regualr lego, and some spiderman lego, and I like lego cause you can build whatever you want, not just what the set is for. Just wondering I guess what gets more use or play. And for the playmobil lovers, what sets were the most popular for your kids?

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids never liked Playmobil because it is what it is - there is no changing it. Lego can be built into anything. We have thousands of Legos and they are made into all sorts of creations...
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We have about 5,000,000,000 legos. We buy all the big sets and put them together. Then about a week later they are destroyed and added to the community pieces bucket.
    You could always buy legos to build with and then the adorable Playmobile accent sets to use with the legos. I bought all the little Santa's and Snowmen from Playmobile last year for the kids stockings.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• We love the Playmobil. It's great! The realistic forms are terrific!

I wonder if concern over how much use something would get can't be attributed to the length of that list of toys you say your son already has ... fewer toys means every toy gets more use!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• They're very different toys. I think Playmobil is better for dramatic play, and Lego is better for technical, or detail-oriented kids; both are great creative toys. I would ask your son what he would rather play with.
    Allaye

Answer by Allaye at 1:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well he plays with the lego quite a bit, and the pirate ship he is getting for christmas is his first playmobil set. He likes building, and likes pretend play, so I'm thinking they will all get played with.
    minimo77

Comment by minimo77 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• lego
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Lego. I am totally biased though. We were pass holders to LegoLand when we lived in SoCal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010