Has Your MIL ''Ever'' Promised you or your SO anything & then did not Follow Through? If so, What Was It?

Example: Help out w/Christmas Dinner
Example: Take the kids to school so you could look for work.
Example: Include you in Family Activities and Didn't.

Do Tell....

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Dont even get me started! The most major thing was... we were going to have our wedding reception in her HUGE back yard. i had already bought the decor, tables, chairs, food, everything! THE DAY BEFORE. THATS RIGHT DAY BEFORE... She said we couldnt have it there, if her crackhead b/f couldnt come. So I didnt have a reception! Thats the biggest but there are pleanty more! (oh yeah BTW hes not in her life anymore, was it really worth it bitch?) Oh and she wore all white to my ceremony!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• promised to pay back the $32k in loans and CC she took out in DH's name. Didn't.
    promised to help invest in DHs colt-starting business amount of $15k. Didn't.
    promised to buy the crib and mattress for this baby. Didn't.
    promised to come to our wedding. Didn't.
    promised to pay for some supplies for a craft show coming up (SIL and I both need xmas money bc DH is out of work). Didn't.
    promised DH the display tempur-pedic bed from closing her mattress store. Didn't. (SIL has it in her spare bedroom, meanwhile DH and I sleep on a torn mattress that got wet from melting snow when I rolled our uhaul and lost/damaged mostly all of our belongings.)

pays 2 BIL and 1SIL phone bill.
    pays 1 BILs car payment (brand new charger)
    has nails done every other week
    has hair weaved/extended every other week
    has 315 pairs of shoes (as of first wknd of Oct)
    takes weekly trips to Dallas for "treatments." ---cosmetic.
    need i go on?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Nope, my MIL passed away a long time before DH and I met. Wish I could have known her.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My MIL did with help for xmas. Oh well, didn't really expect it. They still had 3 kids in the house and one with retardation, so their life is not easy. My FIL promised the kids a wooden rocking horse he was making 6 YEARS AGO! Never saw it. Don't know what happened to it?
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yea, but harmless stuff. Mostly "Yea we'll be there" or "I'll call you back" or something of that nature.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Damn, it's nice to know I'm not alone. We moved to Oregon so I could go to school. The plan was to get a job - save money and go back to school. What I've been doing is trying to search for a job, car pooling my kids, searching for doctors, etc... Actually more in Oregon than in Washington.... My MIL was suppose to make my life easier and all she's done is make it hardier since we've moved. And since I won't help her at the food bank anymore - I'm no longer invited to BINGO. I don't know any adults. The Highlight of my week - was last week - I GOT to socialize with my kids teachers at their conferences, I'm pitiful....

emily1230

Comment by emily1230 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010