What do you really think

of the name

Uzziah (U-Ziah) Ezra??

I am a big fan of Biblical names, and Uzziah is in the OT..

The name is odd, and not that common, and that is why I love it so much..

What are your thoughts?? Be honest, I can handle it!!

MomtoMichael2

Asked by MomtoMichael2 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Baby Names

• Not feminine, reminds me of something Amish (no offense to the Amish) kind of haggy sounding to me. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• A unique name makes for a unique life. Some names in my family are Uriah, Indra, Arjuna, Sunbeam and they all like their names. So, I say if you like it go for it! =o)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 1:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Okay..
    MomtoMichael2

Comment by MomtoMichael2 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think I would feel bad for the child. Ezra is not bad but I can see the child being made fun of.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I dont care for it to much....I think the child would be made fun of. But it would be unique.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I really like Uzziah. I think it's unique and it really would work for a boy or a girl. I don't like Ezra as a middle name, though I like the name seperatey for a boy. Don't choose a name based on what other kids will think. Unless of course you're going to go with "Apple" or "Inspektor Pilot" like some actors have. Choose a name that means something to you and will really represent the child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• This child will have to spell and pronounce his name for every person he meets for the rest of his life. While unique names can be good, they can also be a burden. I could see sticking with Ezra, but maybe find a different first name.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think it's weird and people would constantly mispronounce it.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have heard it before and I like it. I like names that are alittle different and I don't think it is so different or unheard of that people would make fun of it.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't like it, sorry. I have a hard time pronouncing it, so I can only imagine how many times in the child's life they're going to have to correct people. I'm sure it can get annoying after a while. My husband wanted to name our first child Ezra if it was a boy (thankfully we had a girl instead). I don't like the name Ezra at all and Uzziah is unique, but it's too unique for my liking. But if you like it, then that's what matters most.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010