What should I charge for babysitting a 3 mo old baby. The schedule will be:

picking her up at about 11am on Fridays and returning her about 9am on Tuesday mornings.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Overnight and all???? I paid my SIL 25 a day for 8 hours, I would say 50 a day at least for all night deals, the baby will still be up alot.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I would charge at least 300/week. That's ridiculous. I watch my niece for 75/week (also a single mom) and that's about 45-50 hours/week. 4 WHOLE days is just TOO much.... and with a NEWBORN! The baby isn't going to know who her mother is.

Is there anyway for her to live with you so she can still be responsible for her when she is home?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honestly I would charge at least 100 a week due to how long you will have her....thats crazy to take a child for 5 days before returning her.
    Anonymous

• OVER NIGHTS???? Thats a lot of work i would charge 200 at least!! Im not trying to judge but what the hell do the parents do? WOW
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Who's idea was to come up with the over nights? Lots of single moms can work and still take care of the children. I don't feel it's an excuse to dump your newborn on someone. The baby NEEDS her mother. She can still be a Mom after her 12 hour shift.
    Anonymous

• What a bizarre schedule... Not my business but where will the mom be???
    I would charge at least $100-$150 plus make sure she gives you all the formula and diapers.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• the mom is a new single mom - just left her abusive DH. shes working all the hours she can get at walmart 60 + all 12 hr shifts she provides all diapers, wipes & formula etc
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i am not doibg this to make money
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I can understand working the 12 hour shifts but a day is 24 hours she should still have plenty of time to at least be with her baby even if it is just giving the child a bath and putting it to bed! It is great that you are willing to help her out that much, not many people would! I would charge $125 a week more than likely extra for that kind of care. If she is single she would be able to get state help which would also help you out! good luck
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sorry, I thought I put this on here - it was on my other question related to this issue.....

The mom will be working this schedule until about the 2nd week of Jan. She works at Walmart.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010