What do you fix your DH/SO for lunch?

My husband works M-F and naturally requires a lunch to take with him to work. We don't eat out very often at all, and that includes his lunches. Therefore, he likes to have something with him. Normally he brings frozen burritos with him, but after years of eating them day after day he really is getting sick of them. I try my best to give him a homemade lunch and he really appriciates that. However, I'm low on ideas as to what to give him to take.

Things we've done:

Sandwiches (Both lunch meat and PB&J)
Leftovers .. Pork steaks, rice, speghetti, tuna casarole, etc.
Hot Dogs

That's all that I can think of. What do you guys prepare for your DH/SO for their lunches? I honestly don't mind doing it, I've just run out of ideas. And if your DH/SO makes his own, what does he put in his lunch box? THANKS!

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 1:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Does he like salads? Or maybe cans of soup for the colder weather.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My husband is in construction and rarely even has the time for lunch, let alone a way to warm it up! So he usually just throws a couple sandwiches together to take for lunch. I've tried to get him chips and other snacks to go with it, but he never eats them! Lol! Right now he's working in northern MT and it's REALLY cold up there. He's started taking the cans of Cambell's Chunky soups to work and heating them up on his little propane burner that he had in his hunting stuff so he can have a good hot meal while it's so cold.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Luckily my husband's company caters their lunch every day.
    At his old company though I did pack for him. It was pretty much the same thing... Sandwiches, Sunchips, granola bars, Pepsi, left overs. If he has a microwave you can send him with frozen meals and personal pizzas, burritos etc.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't. :-)

He doesn't even eat lunch 99% of the time.. so if I made him lunch it would go to waste!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Haha honestly I think I packed a lunch for him once and it was a ham sandwich and a peach or something like that lol. He can pack his own lunch :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He usually makes his own. Heck, when I'm eating lunch he's eating breakfast, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't make his lunch, he's a big boy and I'm busy! lol, that being said, he will take leftovers to work, he asks I make extra of whatever we have at night and he brings it the next day. I also buy cold cuts each week if he wants he'll make himself a sandwich, sometimes I make a bowl of hard boiled eggs that he grabs for snacks. In the cooler months I often make a giant pot of chicken noodle soup or chili or something and portion off and freeze, he'll grab those too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He usually takes leftovers from dinner or sandwiches. He makes his own lunch.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Make him something different- Like a BBQ Chicken and Pineapple sandwich (Ciabatta bun) with some Swiss cheese and maybe some JalapeƱos if he likes anything spicy.

You could try making Curry with Rice and Chicken.

Chili

Meatball subs
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I pack some salads for my DH. Just mix the lettuce and ingredients before hand and I send the dressing in a little separate container, otherwise it gets soggy.
    If he doesn't have a microwave to heat food, some chicken or tuna salad to make a sandwich with a salad or low fat chips.
    Spaghetti pizza- LOVE this recipe. Take leftover spaghetti, add some cheese and an egg and mix it. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and drop the pasta mixture, flattening it to form a "pie". Cook it until the bottom is nice and brown and flip it using a dinner plate. Cook the other side. Let it cool and cut it into slices. It's great at room temperature and you can add any veggies you want or even meat.
    If he can heat it up, soups are a great option, they're filling and healthy. I've also made fajitas for my DH with the guacamole, salsa and tortillas on the side. Even homemade sushi, just avoid fish in it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010