Why is my 12 month old so clingy only towards me and not dad?

I'm a SAHM to my 12 month old and he clings to my side nearly the whole day, whining and wanting to be picked up..He cries over pretty much anything. He will not play with any of his toys. He just wants to be with me. I've tried to give him my undivided attention for up to an hour and when the hour is up, he still is clinging to me. I've also tried to ignore him for 5-10 minutes at a time. When my husband comes home, my son perks up, is in a great mood, and will interact with dad and then play independently for hours. Why is my son only clingy with me?

westernmassmom

Asked by westernmassmom at 1:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That will change. They go through phases. Soon enough your son won't want you at all - only daddy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think they get bored with the parent that they are with all day long, honestly. My kids are the same way.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• get an ergo!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son is 25lbs! I couldn't wear him all day, nor would he tolerate it because he's walking
    westernmassmom

Comment by westernmassmom (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010