Trying to House train my puppy. Can you help me by giving my some ideas to make it easier????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pets

• Get yourself a kennel cage and put him in there, do they do not poop where they live!

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• How are you training her? Crate, pads, what?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Crate train. Only keep him/her in a crate just big enough for them to lay down in. Let the dog out first thing in the morning, and if he/she pees/poops outside, let him/her play outside of the crate for a while, say 15-30min, then back in the crate. Throughout the day, take puppy out. Eventually they'll get the picture.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• treats.. i got my chihuawa full grown 3yrs old from the pound and with a small blatter and being a older smaller dog. she wasnt easy to train.. but now 4yrs later.. she never has any accidents unless we are gone for more then 10yrs. which is rare.. but I REWARD HER with a treat.. every time she goes... i dunno i couldnt do the crate thing.. and the treats worked in the end
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have been using pads, and she has a cage that she stays in at night and when im not home. when i take her outside she goes to the bathroom but then 5 minutes after we are back inside she is going to the bathroom in the house!!! Its frustrating!!
    jonesy0405

Answer by jonesy0405 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Clap or make a loud noise to startle them if they start piddling in the house. Then pick puppy up and bring him/her outside and let them do their business. When they're done, lots of pats,rubs,kisses, and cuddles. I got my dog potty trained in a couple weeks by doing that. The thing is, when I trained my dog, I didn't have children at the time so I had more time to keep an eye on her. Just a suggestion though =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Crate training has always been the easiest for me

Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• When I got Mona I would take her outside almost every hour or so and when I was not home I left her in the yard. She was easily houe broken When she needs out she will scratch on the door and sit and wait for me to come open it.
    newMAMAbear

Answer by newMAMAbear at 4:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010