Have you been to a nar-anon meeting?

What can I expect? Are they helpful? I have come to terms with the fact that I am living with a pot addict and he won't get help. So I need to help myself first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• I have not been to a meeting, but I know people who have and they say the the support has been great. Being able to share your story with people who understand and having a support system is huge. Good luck to you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no, but i have been to a different "anon" meeting with my ex... it was helpful. as a "supporter" i sat outside the group and chose to just listen... it was just talking about situations that people were in, what they did about them, etc. they had a "weekly" (since it was a weekly meeting) subject that they discussed... giving the group some focus and direction... it wasn't really helpful to me, but it was really helping those that needed it.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010