Baby surgery

We found out that Talon will have surgery after birth. He has bowel blockage right now and they have to correct it. Has anyone else had their baby go through this?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no but I will say a prayer for you god bless
    Anonymous

• NOT THAT BUT MY CUZINS BABY WAS BORN WITH HIS INTESTINES OUTSIDE OF HIS BODY AND HE HAD 2 HAVE SURGERY 2 PUT EM BACK IN !!! GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• No, but they bounce back fast and having the surgery rigth away will probably prevent him from needing a colostomy bag. Relax and I will say a prayer for your little one. Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I have. My son, who was born 9 weeks early, had surgery at 18 days old to correct pyloric stenosis. He came out of it fine. It is one of the hardest things you'll probably ever do, but if it'll save their life it's worth it (just keep telling yourself this!). You will be scared and worried from the time the baby leaves your arms until you see him again, and that's normal.

Are you having the surgery done at a Childrens Hospital? I just feel better having procedures done on the kids at the nearby Childrens Hospital.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk to someone who's been there before.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008