Hard stools on Soy Formula

My 4 month old breaks out from any formula that is milk based. She does WONDERFUL on the Soy, but gets hard stools and she cries when she has to poop because it is so hard. I have been putting 1 once of apple juice in her bottle with 4 ounces of formula to make her poop soft and not cause her any problems. Is there something better that would work? I've tried the Dark Karo Syrup and that didn't work...She also gets 2 teaspoons of rice cereal in her bottle too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my boys were on soy formula, and they really didn't have hard stools like that. Maybe it's the rice cereal that is making her stool to hard? Could you possibly dilute the formula for a few days and see how that works for her? Maybe it's all too much with the formula, juice, and cereal all in her body. She might not be ready for all the cereal and such yet. Her stomach might not be able to handle it all. Maybe try not putting cereal in it for a few days and see if that helps. Or...Try diluting the formula, like cutting it in half maybe? If it continues to be hard after all of that, maybe call her Pedi, and see what they say. Sorry she has to deal with that, I know it's no fun.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My doc. said that is very commons for soy milk
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010