my 1 year old is just dumping snot, is it teething?

no one else in the household is sick but she is just gushing, and she HATES it when I wipe her nose, just sobs then makes it worse. ANYWAYS, is she sick or is this teething? There's two teeth cutting through. Mild fever too.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It definitely sounds like she's teething.
    Put some lanolin on her nostrils and underneath her nose, to prevent the area from getting chapped. Use only tissues with lotion or just dab instead of wiping. It will make it feel much better.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Sounds like teeth to me. Try suctioning her nose every so often so it doesn't run down so much.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Mine would have running nose with teething so that sounds what could be happening. If in pain from teething teething gel would help.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• thanks, we are suctioning and wiping, i'll try to be more gentle
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Def could be teething... mixed with allergies? Is the mucus clear? If so, could be her sinuses running. My lil guy went through that, and between the saline sprays and air humidifier, it really helped dry him up.
    Jam0418

Answer by Jam0418 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010