Anyone else listening to Obamas speech? What do you think?

I think he still just doesnt get it, he doesnt see what Americans are trying to tell him. Its all about how the American people still dont see what he has done for them yet because jobs havent gotten better yet. Nothing is ever his fault, the first two questions asked to him were basically asking that, do you have any responsibility, is it your agenda people dont agree with. The second question was do you think that people listening to you think that you still just dont get it? He makes me just want to pull out my hair sometimes.

-LovingMamma-

Asked by -LovingMamma- at 1:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• he was pissing me off so i had to change the channel
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• He isn't going to get it unfortunately.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I'm not listening, I'm at work. I will say that I still support him, but politics in general are making me want to pull my hair out anymore. =)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think John Boehner, the American people and the Tea Party effectively neutered him last night.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I think he still just doesnt get it, he doesnt see what Americans are trying to tell him

You have no idea what Americans are trying to tell him...only what people who think like YOU are trying to tell him. He is doing EXACTLY what he said he would. so he IS listening to Americans that VOTED him in office

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Im at work, can't listen

sweet-a-kins

• I am watching it now, its driving me crazy that he doesnt seem to "get it"
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, I think he's gotten really good at reading that teleprompter! That Ivy League education wasn't wasted on ole' Barry! Nosireebob! It only took him 22 months to learn to read that thing! We should all be so proud. That's the leader of our country!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• jewjewbee, thats true, and I think he is just continuing to do it to himself right now. If you look at Clintons speech when this sort of thing happened to him, he humbly said it shows that we arent listening to the American people and we need to. I think that if Obama had followed his lead he may have been able to redeem himself, but he is just proving that he is never going to get it.
    -LovingMamma-

Comment by -LovingMamma- (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not enough humility. And if I were a Democrat that was beaten, I would want to scream at him. Why wasn't he touting these tax measures for businesses, that are in front of Congress right now, to the American people? Why did he need to dig in SO hard on Healthcare when we are struggling to simply pay our mortgage.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010