Do you hide food?

I only go grocery shopping every 3 weeks, so I buy a lot of snacks at one time. If I just put them on the shelf, they are gone within a week. (my husband has a HUGE sweet tooth!) So I tend to hide things to make the snacks last longer. My favorite spots are behind the bread box and in my unused crock pot!

hootie826

Asked by hootie826 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES!!! I do the same exact thing!!! I thought I was nuts, but there's no other way to make things last. I even hide the brownies after I bake them because the kids will gobble them up in one day!! I hide some things in the dining room china cabinet or on the top shelves of unused kitchen cabinets. I keep moving them around so the kids never seem to figure it out. I'm sure one of these days they will catch on but until then....
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hope he doesn't read your cafemom.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• lol yes i do that too, my dh would eat everything if i didn't
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I hide my expensive macadamia nuts up in the top shelf inside my baking pans so my husband doesn't eat them. Other that that I simply put all the snacks my husband can eat on his own shelf then I put all the kids snacks in a different cabinet on a low shelf. If he runs out he just makes me go buy more.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No, not on purpose. I also only go shopping once every 3 weeks and I usually put all the sweets in the back of that cabinet or fridge so I'm not tempted to eat it (trying to lose some weight) and we both usually forget it's there until the cabinets start getting empty. Makes things last a lot longer lol :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not snacks, so much as the stuff I buy for my lunches. I don't get it. They tell me they don't like something, but thenI go buy it for myself and they eat it all.... ARGH! *pulls at my hair*

Although I do hide my ice cream. If I leave it in the carton it gets eaten. I swear, next time I'm buying like.... sugar-free, fat free frozen rice milk and hiding my ice cream in THAT carton!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• haha thats funny. In my house its the other way around im the one they hide food from
    asweet_gurl04

Answer by asweet_gurl04 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• LOL! He has no idea I'm even here!
    hootie826

Comment by hootie826 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• There's nothing sneaky about it. He'll eat it right in front of me.
    hootie826

Comment by hootie826 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• no....my family rarely did that kind of sneaky eating. We ate at mealtime. I would not even think of hiding food!!! Yikes.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010