Water Breaking

did anyone have any signs before this happened? I'm a ticking time bomb right now....I am having contractions (which the doc is trying to stop). but other than that I don't know how much longer I have till the water breaks...everyone is saying it probably won't be a week....

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just thought I had to pee... I stood up and if went like a water fall

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• They had to break mine for me in the delivery room. So I have no idea. Sorry.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I had contractions for the past few days, all very light. Not painful at all. I went Christmas shopping and thought I peed my pants but my water broke before I had a single REAL contraction! Until you start feeling contractions if you are close to your due date try not to do anything like walk around a mall all day long if you want to avoid it. I would avoid water breaking before labor starts if I could. It's very stressful trying to get contractions going or risking getting induced which may lead to a csection. Once your water breaks they want to do all they can to get the baby out within 24 hrs. I went 18 hours before feeling a single contraction that wasn't braxton hicks.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 11:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I was dilated to 8 cm and having very intense contractions (jerks took forever to get me an epi) and they STILL had to break my water. It varies form woman to woman but I know when they did break it it was NASTY! LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes, when I was in labor with the twins, I lost fluid all day. And had to take like 3 or 4 showers. I was only in labor for 12 hours. It was an all day drainage. Gross, huh? But it is nasty, and you will feel dirty..
    Anonymous

• not everyones water breaks... so dont wait for that to happen to think you are really in labor i had mine broken and 20 mins later had a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• also...you have the "plug" GROSS mine came out for like a week because they can reform.. it was pretty foul.. lol but some moms dont loose it.. it all depends on you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2008