My son who is 6 months demands all my attention lately. I dont even get a chance to clean. Its awful. Someone suggested one of those thing you wear on you and you strape them in. Is 6 months to old for that? and wouldnt it hurt my back? I am how much could you get done with a kid straped to you???

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• seriously, sometimes they just have to cry it out. dontfeel bad if u have to leave them in the play pen for a while so you can get things done. Otherwise it will just get worse, you set the boundaries, you are the mom! :)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Our ancestors and many cultures still strap their kids to them until they around nearly 2 years old.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• An Ergo carrier. Can be used on the front too.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1582037/Babywearing_Traditional_Styles

Here is a journal entry by Amileegirl about different styles and how they are worn all over the world. It is intere4sting.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I wear my baby all the time. It doesn't hurt your back as long as you don't have the "crotch danglers" like bjorns. You can even make a sling right now with a sheet. Women all over the world wear their babies. Playpens take up space and really are unnecessary. Babies are stimulated when carried, they build muscles and core strength, they learn by watching you, they are comforted by the closeness, and you know where they are are what they are doing at all times. If you need to go to another room they go right with you without you missing a beat.

Babies are designed to be held by nature. There are some babies with personalities that lend themselves to not being held as much, but think about the fact that such babies likely would have been eaten in the time before the modern age :) MOST babies are made to be like cling-wrap and they should be :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Just sling him. Seriously. You have all that stuff but all he wants and needs is you :) All those things are substitutes for a pair of mommys arms. What have you got to lose by trying the babywearing suggestion? It won't even cost you anything! Here is a video that shows you how to use a sheet to make a traditional sling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAWAk4svsl8

If you want to get housework done that much, I tell you I did two loads of laundry yesterday and prepped and cooked a soup with baby on my back and she fell asleep. I've clipped the front rhododendrons with a perfectly happy giggling baby on my back. If a baby doesn't want to be put down (and all babies go through it), just sling them. Easy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I suggest a wrap. He is in no way too big for any of it. And you can get a lot done. A wrap will NOT hurt you.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• @NannyB. : Babies by nature need to be held and are designed to crave it and cry for it. It is a survival instinct from caveman days. They aren't "Spoiled" to it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• thanks ladies fo all yalls advice. I had a talk with his pedi yesterday about his crying. he said they go thru a stage between 6-9 months were they cry if you leave the room. they think that you are leaving them. up until 2 weeks ago i had a very happy baby. and no he isnt used to being helded at all. i could do normal activites all day and stop and play with him. it all of a sudden started so thats why i addressed it with his doctor. but it has come to the point no where i can not get anything done. except when he is napping. and he has even shortened his naps on me 2. :( i sure hope it grows outta this and fast. I have a play pen, swing, bouncer and a floor mat and walker, NOTHING has been working and i am at wits end. seriously thinking bout just cleaning at night time so i can get stuff done
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i have twins and strap one in front of me and one behind me when needed i think you will find its better then letting the infant scream when they got to big for that i would sit them in a toy or bumbo seat (greatest thing ever) always in eye distance of me.. when i switch rooms to clean they go with me.. hope this works good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 8:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010