I am having my second baby and i'm really really depressed and i feel terrible im not as happy

My first daughter was born when i was seventeen and i wasn't prepared to be a mom but i was excited about her and owned up did what i had to do and have been a really good mommy to her, i graduated high school, went to college (haven't finished yet) and im not out partying all the time im home being a good mom. I met my fiancee over a year ago we had tried to have a baby for seven months i really wanted to be a mother again adn he wanted to be a dad for the first time, but now that im pregnant i just am sad, my bf and i don't get along, he works long hours i have no help with my daughter, i have had health problems which are annoying, he acts like he doesnt care about me or the baby and i just end up crying and depressed all the time doesnt help that i have borderline personality disorder and depression. I wish i could be excited and happy but im just not i feel like a horrible person. whats wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Musicmom80...right on! Tell your boyfriend that your feelings are all over due to the pregnancy and you need his love and understanding. He most likely has not had to handle a crazy prego before. Lol. My DH never liked it. Even though he will be tired from working long hours try getting out with him on his days off. Just you, him, and your daughter go for a walk or to the park or anything outside. Don't get sucked into the winter blues....you need some sunshine! Good luck!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 2:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Honey! You don't have to explain yourself, that you don't party and all that other stuff! You are okay! My pregnancies in the beginning I felt hysterical, moody, cried alot, got angry easy, and drove everyone nuts in the process. Keep busy. Go for walks. Keep windows cracked for fresh air. Stay in well lit areas, and do things for yourself!!! I promise it gets better!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• aww can you take some time to yourself and just do what makes you feel good? You are worth it! Remember your kids count on you and they need your love and attention...hopefully you can find it in yourself to be the best mommy for their sake. Keep busy doing something you enjoy. Can you have a talk with your BF and work out your issues? Maybe make a list of what's bothering you and discuss it with him.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You need to tell your doctor how you feel. Often times post partum depression starts BEFORE you give birth. I had it, and it's not fun. Please go talk to your doctor, he/she can help you. Good luck :)

Anonymous

• It's true. Yes we have our feelings. But they can be really intense when there are hormones running through them. Maybe her BF isn't used to it. If she's acting differently it affects everyone. Our feelings are real by all means, but hormones can make you depressed and make everything worse.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2010