My 3yo is facinated with poop! WHY?

It's so gross. He's facinated by dog poop, his own poop, poopy diapers. He sits there and stares at it and checks it out. My puppy pooped on the floor yesterday, he picked it up with a paper towel and prceeded to stare at it. EEEEWWWWWWWw! I didn't know what he was doing, I was changing the baby. I wonder if it's a potty training issue because he goes back and forth deciding if he wants to use the toilet or his pants. It's really frustrating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He's a kid, it's common. Maybe he'll grow out of it. Or maybe he won't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• it's b/c he's three
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my son did that at his age. explain what it is to him - how we use food and then that is left over. he will get over it in time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• alathiazeteo, I never once in my post said how I responded to him. I just said it grossed ME out. And I never said he should get over it" I asked WHY. I'm really not reacting in front of him, so please don't assume anything that isn't posted. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Not that unusual for a three year old! Talk to him about what poop is and how amazing that our bodies eat food, take all of the good vitamins, etc. out and then the poop comes out. I doubt that you're beging negative or anything because you sound more positive about wanting to ge tthe potty training done!! Actually, the whole thing may help him with potty training, especially if he uses a potty chair where he can look at it aftes he goes. There is a great book for kids your son's age. It's called "Everybody Poops". He'll love that one!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010