This is NOT an "Am I pregnant question"

Im breast feeding my 11 month old and I have had so far noral periods for the last five months. they have been coming earlier and earlier, but I usually go for at least four days. well monday I started and I was pretty heave flow. I put a tampon in the next day and when I took it out I noticed there wasent very much blood on it, ever siece I havent even spotted I totally stopped, I am not pregnant I have not had sex for the last few months and I had a regular period after having sex. but now this anybody have any Ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Health

• This happened to me when I was breastfeedind my oldest and my midwife said that your body is still producing a lot of hormones related to pregnancy so it gets confused. Good luck
    tonidrum214

Answer by tonidrum214 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yup...I had VERY irregular periods while breastfeeding. I wouldn't worry too much about it...just enjoy the fact you're getting a "period" break :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it's normal for your period to fluctuate sometimes. I've noticed that myself as I've gotten older (eeeek) that my periods aren't so nice, regular and predictable as they used to be. Especially since you are still nursing. Although nursing by this stage is not an effective method of birth control, so you guys should be using some sort of backup.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Most people I know have irregular periods while breast feeding. You could still talk to your dr about it if it is really concerning.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• i agree, totally common and normal while BFing... mine would come and go for the 6-9 months i nursed my 2 kiddos... some months longer and lighter, some shorter and heavier... until i was told i couldn't nurse (due to my meds) i was very irregular...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2010