Is this the answer?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1uQsEU/newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/03/no-toy-to-go-with-that-shake-san-francisco-bans-happy-meals/

I honestly dont think this is the answer. It is adults who need to learn to say no and limit their childs intake of fattening foods.

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 2:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It will certainly help, if kids don't ask less parents will not take the easy way out for dinner.

Answer by older at 2:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't know if it's THE answer, but I don't think it can hurt, to be honest.... Kids want toys. In order for them to get a toy, they would have to choose from a lower calorie meal. Yes, ultimately I think it should be the parents, but the sad truth is, right now parents are NOT doing their job. This, to me, is a step in the right direction.

Then again, my kid never gets junk food, so it doesn't affect me either way.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My daughter could care less about happy meals or the toys. When we go to McD's, she wants the apples!! And the burgers, though she mostly only eats the ketchup bun! LOL. It IS possible to eat at McD's without ordering fattening foods. And having fattening foods every once in awhile is ok.

It's not up to us to judge another parent's parenting skills/decisions.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It should have been up to the parents to decide not a ruling but whatever, we don't eat it anyway.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I 100 percent agree it should be up to the parent to decide, not a ruling.
    prettypaper

Comment by prettypaper (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I don't see how it will help anything. Parents who feed their kids a steady diet of crap fast food are still going to feed their kids that way. They just won't have a crappy toy to toss out anymore.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 3:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Totally agree with tabekat!

Parents need to start learning how to use the word "NO" and not feel guilty about it!! My kids didn;t even know what fast food was until they went to a McDonald's after a school field trip when they were in Kindergarten. And even now, it's a rare "treat!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• This is a great idea. It's all McDonald's fault that your kid is fat, not yours. McDonald's put a gun to your head and forced you to spend your money there ordering their food. They must be stopped! They must pay, the tyrannts!!!!

slap

BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 6:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

************

Exactly, BobbieB! It's so stupid to blame McD's for making children fat. In fact, it's stupid to blame fast food too. Lots of things contribute to childhood obesity-why pick on fast food restaurants?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010