Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My ex and I have alternating years for claiming our daughter on our tax returns...

I rely on a lot of financial aid to get my through my college and I was able to claim her last year but this is his year to claim her...

my question is, will I still get just as much financial aid even if I cannot claim her on my tax return? Will that have any bearing?

Answer Question

Asked by nessani28 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

Level 4 (41 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I dont think that matters at all. Talk to your counselor to make sure.

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • I agree to talk to a financial aid officer. There is usually a process where you can explain if your family size is different than it shows on your tax return.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.