What is in your kids lunch box? I would like to make bento lunch box for my kids since I am japanese but I don't see anybody doing that in thier school.

How do you make healty lunch for your kids?

Omocha

Asked by Omocha at 2:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My friend was trying to teach me to make bento boxes because they are becoming very popular in my daughter's school. I think they are great and if I was creative enough, I would do them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I was going to say Bento boxes until I read your question. LOL Please, just do it. All I have ever seen in the lunches kids bring are junk. I see Lucky Charms, Chips, Cookies, Lunchables...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• http://www.laptoplunches.com/photo-gallery.php I like these Bento lunches, they look Americanized. Haha

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I make him a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread, goldfish crackers, yogurt and a juice box.
    But, the school he goes to, many kids bring in Bentos... I live in Hawaii and the school even makes them.. (If he would only eat them :)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• You can make it anyway you want to. Only because the other mothers dont oi it that way doesnt mean you cant.
    Pack what you kid will eat. I always pack my daughter a sandwich and some snacks on the sides such as crackers and pretzels. I gave her a lunchbox since she didnt like the school meal.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son is in middle school and makes his own lunch some afternoons. He makes turkey sandwiches with goldfish crackers. He either takes a juice or takes buys milk at school.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Pack whatever you want that he'll eat. My son gets a peanut butter and jelly on whole grain bread, baby carrots, grapes and then either pretzels or crackers.....he picks one of these items each day for his "snack time"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I ask my kids what they want - they have to have a sandwich of some sort (pb, pbj, turkey, ham, cheese, egg salad, bologna, whatever we have), or some leftovers or something in their thermos. They have to have a fruit (they usually choose an apple, and if we have individual cups of applesauce they usually want that also), if we have yogurt they want that, if we have chips I'll give them a few of those, or some crackers, if I have some homemade goodies I'll throw something in, and when they're not looking I'll sometimes throw in a little treat (peice of candy or something). Water in their jug. They don't take a lunch daily though, so it's not hard to keep it interesting.
    Anonymous

• bradenismyson---- awsome thanks! gonna show it to my hubby for his lunches! lol... dd not in school yet.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010