Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

filing taxes ...

question. my friend is due in December with twins .. a boy and a girl. when filing taxes in 2011, is she able to get that tax credit back this upcoming year for the twins? or does she wait until 2012 to claim them? we only ask bc she is planning a big wedding and wants to know how she needs to budget this. thanks....

Answer Question

Asked by sgt.youngs.wife at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 10 (432 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If they are born in 2010, they are used on 2010 taxes.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 2:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • if they are born in 2010 they can be claimed on the 2010 taxes. My daughter was born December 18 2009 and she was able to be claimed when we did our taxes in Jan 2010

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • ok thanks guys! that's a big help! yeah, my son was born in July 08 and we claimed him for that years taxes .. I didn't know if they had to be like 6 months or anything like that .. thanks!

    Comment by sgt.youngs.wife (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

  • Yep no problem, they could be born December 31st at 11:59pm and still be claimed. =)

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.