apple recipes

I have apples from the apple orchard and have already made apple crisp and besides apple pie. Does any know how to make good flavored applesause? Or just plain applesauce or any good recipes for apples?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 2:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can try making apple jelly. It will last forever if you put in sterilized jars. I'm not a big jelly maker, but I found this for you

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Peel, quarter, and core apples. Put in a pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom, and cinnamon if you want. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, til apples are soft. Run a potato masher through them, and stir in sugar to taste (or skip the sugar). Applesauce done.

Check out allrecipes.com for baked recipes. I've found a ton that my family loves - they'd rather have apple muffins than apple pie.
    Anonymous

• Oh - for flavored applesauce - add strawberries, or blueberries, or peeled & quartered peaches, whatever other fruit you want, at the beginning, and continue as stated above. I let it cool and ladle into freezer bags but you can can it too or use freezer containers.
    Anonymous

• Cinnamon apples. Slice apples add to skillet with butter, sugar and cinnamon. Yum!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Baked Apples
    4 large good baking apples
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    1/4 cup currants or chopped raisins
    1 Tbsp butter
    3/4 cup boiling water
    1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash apples. Remove cores to 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apples. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about 3/4-inch to an inch wide.
    2 In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, currants/raisins, and pecans. Place apples in a 8-inch-by-8-inch square baking pan. Stuff each apple with this mixture. Top with a dot of butter (1/4 of the Tbps).

3 Add boiling water to the baking pan. Bake 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy. Remove from the oven and baste the apples several times with the pan juices.

Serve warm with vanilla icecream on the side.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010