Money vs. Love adult content

So from what I'm seeing on another question...

If HE doesn't have the money to take care of YOU... he is worthless to even consider.

But...

If YOU don't have the money to help HIM, it's okay.

What kind of shit is that?! GROW THE FUCK UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR BE WILLING TO HELP!

Do you agree that you can't go out with a man on a date unless he pays for everything, takes you to dinner AND a movie, etc?

Why can't women pay for themselves? *Vomit*

What's your take on this?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I think every adult over the age of 18 should be working towards being able to support themselves and any children they decide to bring into the world. Then when two people get together, they can work out the details as to who is going to stay home and/or who is going out to work. But marrying (or even just shacking up with) someone just because they have money is a TERRIBLE idea. Their money could be gone in an instant and a rich man can always move on to another woman when he's no longer interested. This is the 21st century, ladies, let's pick a man for the good qualities including their ability to earn a good living but not just because they're rich.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I am with you on this, I thought the post was pretty shallow!!!

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Me.. I'm like Marilyn.. A man being rich is like a girl being pretty.. It doesnt' hurt... lol

With that said.. I am also a firm believer in being able to care for and support myself. Which I am more than capable of doing. And make sure I was capable of during before I married, and before I had a child.

My husband does support me and take care of me. However, in his culture (well both of ours actually, in many ways) it is very important for a man to be able to fully support and care for a wife if he is going to take one. Therefore his view is this: I (his wife) should never have to work if I do not want to.

When I was dating 25-30 years ago.. (lol).. No I did not expect or demand that a man pay my way. However a man who did, definitely got higher points in my book than one who wouldn't or didn't. If someone wanted to take me out, then that outing is on them. If I asked them out, then it was on me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Right now my SO doesn't have a job.. & I do. I love him the same. I think we both should contribute to the expenses of the household. I don't expect him to pay for everything & I think women who do are spoiled little brats.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I supported my ex husband for 11 years. I refuse to do it again. When I was dating after he and I separated I would not date a man that I didn't think could support my 3 kids and I. I was able to support my kids and myself, but what if I married him and I lost my job and we HAD to live on his. I thought about those things - him making enough money to support all of us definitely makes things easier. I don't think it's wrong of me to put my kids first and make sure that they have the things they need.
    If guy asked me out, yes I expected him to pay. When I was in long term relationships I didn't mind paying every once in a while, but not on a consistent basis. Most of the guys I went out with would refuse to let me pay because they were gentlemen.

Answer by missanc at 3:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• When me and hubby were dating he always paid for everything. I had a son to care for, I couldn't pay for our dates and he saw that. When we got married, he fully supported us and has been for 6 years.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I agree with you... Women should be expected to pitch in and i think should offer to pay their own way.
    DanjrusMommie

Answer by DanjrusMommie at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Well, as I agree this is shallow and terrible, I married for Love and not money and we struggle daily - I had a learning disability and just a "job" and will never have a career, he works hard but will never be more than a laborer making very little - we do the best we can and will do the best for our son that we can but.. if something happens, I will marry for money next time.... self preservation sometimes... I in no way think that men HAVE to and if I had money, would feel differently but I'll never be able to make more than what I am making..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My take is a woman should be at a point where she can take care of herself AND the man should be at a point where he can take care of her. That's just my opinion. I've always been independent and I got tired of being taken advantage of because I had my own job and car. So by the time I met my husband my standards were I talked to no man who had no job and no car.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Oh and I have to add that this is how I felt when I was DATING. Now that I'm married.. of course I would NOT leave my husband if he lost his job.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010