Swaddle Me Wraps at night for longer sleep periods

Has anyone used these to help their infant sleep for longer periods at night? Our 8 week old has slept wrapped in one since he came home. Im afraid that it will become a crutch and that eventually (when they dont make them big enough anymore) he will not sleep. He sleeps well up to 6 hours, and wakes up when he needs his diaper changed and belly refilled. Has anyone else used these and discovered issues later on?

DanjrusMommie

Asked by DanjrusMommie at 2:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 1st was swaddled & loved it. She eventually outgrew it on her own...around the time she could turn over by herself.
    My 2nd hated it from day one.

They eventually will outgrow wanting to be swaddled...there's nothing to worry about.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• lol I am having to order the large right know myself. My DD is 3 months know and she is very attached to hers and I don't know if I am going to have to break her from this later... I tried one night without it and I ended up putting it on her at 3am..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• If you have a baby that likes to be swaddled they are great!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my boys both used to get swaddled at night for comfort and to stay warm but when they got bigger they would work their whole bodies out of them, they are almost a year old now and i still cant keep them covered up, i would wait and see thats the best advice i can give good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 5:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I have a 6 month old boy who is big for his age. I had him in them until he grew out of the large ones, then I found "woombie swadddler" and I wish I would have used them from the start because they are so much nicer. He is now 29 inches and 22 lbs and he still has some room to grow in the Mega baby size that Woombie has. For the last few weeks I have been using it less and less and he really doesnt notice if it is on or not. I just like it because then he doesnt need a blanket at night so i dont have to worry about him pulling something onto his face. if you want to check them out go to www.woombie.com
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• my son is 1 1/2 and he always used one, never had problems when we took it away bc he out grew it. My daughter is 3 mos, and she loves it too. I would say def causes no probs, enjoy the sleep all of you are getting :)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2010