I only love mommy

Ok So I am Mommy so it's perfect for ME but.. my son who is turning 3 in a short 5 days :( refuses to tell anyone he loves them - even daddy.. its been about a month,. if grandma, his close cousin or daddy say they love him, he gets upset and says NO.. I love mommy... he looked at me the other day and SAid Mommy, Daddy said he loves me and I only love you...lol! I tried telling him its ok to love ALL family... did anyone else's LO Go through this?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son does that too. He only wants me to hug, kiss, hold, tuck in...etc etc. I haven't really found out how to fix it yet, but I'm pretty sure it's just a phase he's going through. (At least he's loving on me b/c I don't think I could handle it the other way around!!!)
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• No,but he says he loves me more than Daddy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Mine didn't go through this, but I'd reiterate to him that it's okay to love more than just Mommy.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• My son prefers me offer my husband. I think he's just very attached to you and you are doing the right thing. just keep telling him its okay to love more than one person. It's probably just a phase. I wouldn't force anything on him, he will come out of it on his own time.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• I do tell him often that its ok to love more than just mommy - and at night I make him say Goodnight and I LOVE YOU to daddy but he trys to fight it.. I tell him this is what we say to family..( at the moment that is lol ) I wonder if he thinks he can only love one person or something... he gets pretty upset..
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2010