mary kay

Does anyone sell Mary Kay? I just signed up and am looking for tips and advice to succeed

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't sell Mary Kay personally.. But I once tried Avon..
    The key to be successful in businesses like that is to constantly promote yourself everywhere you go. Pass out business cards everywhere. Get yourself a network of people and email them newsletters. Offer repeat customers discounts and benefits. Order samples and pass them out. Go to bridal stores in your area and offer free makeovers for the brides and the bridemaids.. It is a great way to show facial products and make-up and make some sales.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• As a person who has bought Mary Kay, please please dont harass people. I went to 2 parties & bought stuff & after that both times the ladies would NOT quit calling me even after I made it very clear that if I was interested in having a party or buying more items I would call them. I had to block their numbers.
    Anonymous

• Please don't talk Mary Kay everywhere you go. People secretly avoid you and get uncomfortable after awhile. I know a few that everyone in town avoids because it's all they talk about. They are known to be pushy and relentless. Only offer your card if it is appopriate, and the subject at hand calls for it.
    I have to network a lot of my clients in. My best have been craigslist and facebook.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• It can be tough, with Mary Kay the prices are high and you have inventory. I sold Avon and at least the items were more affordable and there was a huge variety of items. But look into being a vender at area shows, get t-shirts saying "I sell Mary Kay. Ask me for a FREE sample" get a window cling off ebay for your car, get the Mary Kay tote bag with the window for the catalog (i still use one for Avon and other stuff i've sold) and use it as your purse...it's ways to promote yourself without hounding people and letting them come to you.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Don't over-promote yourself. And I always find it good to do demos of why MK is better than say Avon.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 4:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• be careful as they will also try to sell you too much inventory as I signed up myself. Now I have product I cannot get rid of. Any suggestions on how I can get this merchandise sold??
    DMARIE757

Answer by DMARIE757 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• THe age old question of Mary Kay...the thing is like the first responder said with any business is it is getting your name and promo out there...the unfortunate second part is also equally true there are so many reps for both MK and Avon that people tend to walk the other way so to speak.
    You need to find a niche for you...games and giveaways, themed parties something....
    I would do free or cheap promo materials through like Vista Print.
    And keep in mind this time of year, outside of gifts MK will be viewed as an expensive luxuray.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Like with any business, you have to be able to sell your product. Be willing to work long hours and to market. But as the others said, there is a fine line between persistance and harassment.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I sell Mary Kay. I mentor consultants for success also. You are welcome to inbox me when you need help.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010